Thursday, April 4, 2013

Elle 18 eye sparklers in shades "purple pataka" and "gun powder"

Hey Gals.......whats up?? hope everything is going great. Today i will be reviewing Elle 18 Eye sparklers in shades "PURPLE PATAKA" and "GUN POWDER". Everyone thinks and consider Elle 18 eye sparklers as an eye liner maybe because of the way it looks i.e. like a jumbo pencil, however on doing lots of research and internet surfing i found out that eye sparklers are actually eye shadows......ya you got me right girls! EYE SHADOW!!!
I was surprised as even i thought it was an eye liner but on the other hand my main problem was solved, as i wasn't able to figure out just like the other ladies why does this product smudge??? The answer was simple its not an eye liner it's an eye shadow! 

PRICE-RS.85
QUANTITY- 1.5gms
SHELL LIFE- Best before 24months from the date of packaging. 

INGREDIENTS

Contains Almond oil,the complete list of ingredients is not mentioned.

 MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT
When I first tried eye sparklers it turned out to be a disaster especially "PURPLE PATAKA"  as I used it as an eye liner. However when I found out that it is an eye shadow, the product did a better job. When applied as an eyeshadow it works well but creases after a while. So to over come this problem I started using Elle 18 eye sparklers as a base for my eye shadows and guess what???? it worked magnificently, made my eyeshadow color pop, gave an intense appearance and my eye shadow lasted for about 6-7hrs without creasing. I created different looks using eye sparklers. Some of the eye shadows that were poorly pigmented looked stunning when I used them along with eye sparklers as base.
Purple Pataka and Gun Powder
Swatches of Purple pataka and Gun powder.
HOW DO I USE THIS PRODUCT? 
After I am done with my moisturizer and foundation I apply Elle 18 eye sparklers as a base on my eyelids and then apply eye shadow with a tapping motion.

PROS
  1. Can be used as a base for different eye shadows.
  2. Doesn't crease when used with eye shadows.
  3. Has smooth creamy texture and is very soft when applied on lids.
  4. Dirt cheap.
  5. When used as a base makes eye shadow last really long.
  6. Doesn't irritate eyes.
  7. Makes other eyeshadow appear pigmented.
CONS
  1. Creases when used alone.
  2. Simply cannot be used as an eye liner.
  3. Little difficulty in sharpening eye sparklers. 
TIPS
  • Don't use this product alone as it creases and melts down, especially "PURPLE PATAKA" where as "GUN POWDER" lasts longer without creasing.
  • Don't use the product onto your waterline, it may cause irritation/redness as this product is meant to be used outside and not inside the eyes. SO PLEASE BE CARE FULL.
  • I suggest you use Elle 18 eye sparklers as a base for your eyeshadow because doing so will enhance the appearance of your eye makeup.
PRODUCT RATING
          0.5/5(when used alone)
          4/5 (when used as a base)

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT?
I would say YES only if you need a base for poorly pigmented eye shadows, otherwise a big NO.

6 comments:

  1. NIce post but I dnt like elle18 Eye sparklers :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right dear there is nothing much to like about this product.

      Delete
  2. Elle 18 has described them as eye crayons. I thought they can be used as both liner n e/s. I had once used it as an eyeshadow but it creases badly. It worked well on me as liner especially gun powder. Looks extremely pretty on my eyes :)
    BTW I loved Purple Pataka. But since it doesnt work as liner i will skip this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Megha it creases badly if applied alone and gun powder can be applied as an eyeliner but purple pataka is terrible it can't be used as a liner at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try using Elle 18 eye sparklers as a base for your eye shadow it makes your eye shadow look pigmented and doesn't crease at all.

      Delete
  4. Which is good eye sparkler except elle ?

    ReplyDelete

I will be more than happy to read your comments, suggestions, views and opinions. Please do not hesitate to ask questions.
You can also mail me your makeup or beauty related queries on glamourgirlz128@gmail.com.
Love.....XOXO

PS. Offensive comments are unacceptable and hence they won't be published. Thanks.